Saturday, October 18, 2014

Port of Lost Wonder

 3 October 2014-

Children's club by the beach! Sounds so fun. Adults can't go in freely you know, so I have to thank the two little ones :D.

Breakfast at Macs Vivocity before our adventure begins. When we arrived at level 3 monorail area, I was stunned by the number of people, foreigners and Singaporeans. It is no wonder since it was a school holiday (Children's day), I guess :(. There were two queues to even board the monorail, one for ezlink card payment and one for cash payment (to get another form of card). Waited for about 10 minutes before we reached the tap in area. 

Alighted at Beach station and walked towards the tram and bus interchange. One of the tram near the end goes towards Palawan beach and POLW. You can take that and alight after one stop or walk towards Palawan beach, it is very near!

We booked our tickets beforehand due to the day being a school holiday. Their site stated that they may disallow entrance when the area is too full, and that is a good thing for children! As it was a holiday, the tickets were at $15 each, with extra booking fee of $1. Weekday price is $10. Accompanying adults go in for free with a hug from your kids [Our case, the kids weren't told to hug the adults]. I am not very sure what number of adults can actually go in with 1 paying kid though. There is no time limit in this kids' club. There's a membership pricing too, which parents can consider if you intend to frequent the place.

After checking in, the children were given each a port pass and 100 curios. Curios act like money in the club, and the children can use those to purchase activities or some snacks. The curios are like waterproof and shiny, although made of paper hehe.



Let me fill me in mine. HAHA. My name is Vanessa. I like to watch Titanic just to cry until shiok when I feel sad. My favourite food is Marutama ramen which I haven't eaten in a while. I want to be a mother when I grow up, and that is really soon I guess hehe.






The children were greeted by this lady staff "Happy Children's Day!".


We headed to the lockers and realized they are all free! It locks with 4 digit numbers, and so you can open and lock it as many times as you want. This is a fantastic thing to parents because you never know when your children need this or that. And paying again and again can be a waste of money.

The toilet is very children friendly. They have a common area for showering and their cubicles have half doors! The door has a top and bottom compartment, and children can lock the bottom door and still be in view by their parents. Bottom door cannot be unlocked unless the top one is unlocked.



All ready to conquer the water playground. Actually, that's really the main attraction of the whole club. I found it a little small though. There are 3 types of slide. One open air slide, one covered slide and one playground short slide. The two girls were scared at first as the water kept going into their nose when they slide down and reach the end. I was bored after awhile and just sat there, and got sun burnt. The ground was also scorching hot due  to the sun's heat.

I think we went to Just Wonder after that. It is a place where children can pay for activities with curios [Wanted some candy floss that can be purchased with curios, but it stopped operating]. The two activities when we were there are sand art and rainbow looms band making. 30 curios for one piece of sand art sticker. I should have also made one, since got leftover curios hehe. I wonder whether I will ever grow up :D. The staff inside the activity room were very friendly and helpful to the kids. There was a mother who requested all of us to sing a birthday song for her daughter. The mother super self hyper one lol.




We were all hungry after that. Lunch at the in-house Port Belly which serves mainly western food I guess, there's nasi briyani though. The chicken baked rice which I ordered was only average, the chicken briyani tasted better :P. The auntie who cleared our table after we finished was very nice, kept asking to make sure she only cleared the plates I don't want. No outside food is allowed in their premises but I think no one cares about the snacks and drinks brought in.





After lunch, back to playing. I sat there just looking around. My skin was starting to hurt, I have amazing ability to get tanned skin. The place isn't that big actually, but maybe it is in the view of the children. It's more suitable for younger kids, rather than over 10 years of age. If older children join it, it is not so safe anymore because there would be pushing and squeezing. That is why parental supervision is needed. There was this cute daring boy who approached me, asking me to carry him up to a circular seat that turns. I say daring because not many kids really approach just anyone random. Saw him approached another man who didn't understand what he was saying. And he thought the boy was with me when I went forward to help. While I was sitting at the table, a boy tapped me and said goodbye. I can't confirm it is the same boy because he was wearing goggles inside the pool. But it should be, and that was nice of him, so adorable.



The showers in the toilet are actually quite limited in my opinion, but I guess due to the limited number of people allowed in, you don't really need to wait for long.  We are going to the luge and skyride now! Just a walkable distance from POLW.


We bought the family deal which includes 4 rides of the luge and skyride. As the kids are too young to handle the luge by themselves, a child doubling ticket is needed at an extra cost of $3. Hence, extra $12 is added to $39 for two rides per person. Luge first-ride queue was just amazingly long! 




Okay. That's all the activities for the day!

No comments: