Saturday, February 6, 2016

FORLINO

31st December 2015`
It is our 7th Year Anniversary. I love my man so much so much. 

Work ended at 4pm [what half day is this??] and baby waited for me near office. On my way to meet him, I saw a rainbow! It was drizzling and I was struggling to keep my dress in place.


Baby secretly tricked me into walking around Esplanade to kill time before dinner. He made plans for dinner at this restaurant named Forlino, which required a reservation one week in advance :D. Our first fine dining experience and it was kind of weird and exciting at the same time. The dinner consists of a fixed menu with 5 courses from the soup to the dessert.





The soup is served first. The name is so foreign to us so the waitress told us that it is beetroot soup. It's is a nice creamy beetroot soup in a bandung pink shade. Too bad it's only that little, like an espresso. We were supposed to use the teaspoon to drink the soup but how much can you drink with that small mini spoon haha. 



Bf researched that we are not supposed to cut the bread but pinch it with your fingers instead. I just used a fork to eat my bread :p. 


The seafood appetizer is so nicely displayed. It's looks raw though and I was quite nervous about it since my stomach can't handle raw dishes that well. The salmon taste like it is smoked but the taste is not as strong as those I have eaten outside. The shrimp is tender, slightly saltish and taste of freshness. So is the squid? The best is the fish roe which burst and melts in your mouth. Wooohoo. And that green thing, we have no idea what that is. It's kind of cold and tasteless, but has a texture like chocolate truffles. If I remembered correctly, it was emitting some 'smoke', like dry ice. Haha. 


Sparkling water cost $9. Sparkling water is not nice. It's like soda with no taste which is sooo weird. But okay it helps you to burp lol! Mixing it with some juice might be nice.


My favourite part of the dinner is this! 
The pasta is so al dente with the texture like ee mian. The sauce is creamy, with pangs of yuzu and lemon, and it just taste so good. Scampi is also soft and flavourful. Give me more, give me more.


The breaded mushroom taste so different and omz. Then we heard people around us asking the waitress what that is. And it is breaded oyster mushroom!! Have you eaten breaded mushroom made from oyster mushroom? Damn good. I told my bf that the fish taste like fillet O' fish from macs. Succulent and juicy on the inside, crispy on the outside. I don't like the black thing, don't know what those are, probably truffles.


The beef taste like braised pork to me. I don't eat so much beef but this doesn't have a very strong taste of beef.


Not my kind of dessert. Just some pistachio sponge cake and cream cheese and some sweet sweet stuff. Haha. 





I look at him and my heart is smiling secretly. 
I am blessed to have someone who can love me so much. <3


No comments: